- Standard / Permanent
Data Engineer for the Nordics
Are you ready for a great career opportunity in BNP Paribas, one of the leading financial institutions in the Nordics?
Right now, we are looking for a Data Engineer who can help us in the technical design and development of our data solutions in accordance with operational and technical requirements. As a data engineer your role will be to make data available to our different users (analytics, reporting, operational marketing, finance, risks, etc.). In a compliant set up. Is that you?
Welcome to BNP Paribas Personal Finance
Joining us at our Copenhagen office, you will become part of our Data office department and work alongside our Chief Data Officer. We are passionate about data, and we are looking forward to having you in our team.
Our purpose is to give the company a strategic data overview of the entire organization and help us make new, valuable insights. As our business is built on data, we need to manage this asset in a responsible way.
Create business value from data
As part of our team, you will develop data marts and reports for the business and ensure that the programs are scheduled within a batch set up. Taking on an outgoing role, you will collaborate with all our different data users in resolving incidents that have been raised. You will be the point for preliminary support for our data projects.
More specifically, you will:
Support our business in the project framing phase or preliminary study for projects and provide workload estimations.
- Design, code and test the data applications.
- Write technical specifications in relation to the functional specifications based on the requirements.
- Ensure that we are working within the development standards in place, within a defined schedule, cost and quality.
- Contribute in the deployment of applications in our production batch system.
- Analyse the anomalies detected in production and provide corrective actions.
- Monitoring of the applications in production.
- Working with the referential officer you will promote a common data language throughout the company.
- Collaborate with other data actors in our other subsidiaries – this might give you a few travel days, and we will look at this further when you start.
Develop your skills with us
You will become part of a dynamic work place with many exciting opportunities. For example, we work with the newest technologies, and within the next years, we will look into accelerating AI in the company.
When it comes to career opportunities, we are eager to support your professional development – also if you are tempted to relocate to some of our other international locations in the future.
You are tech-savvy and a great communicator
- You have a previous experience as a Data Engineer or data analyst
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills, which enables you to work with different stakeholders within the organisation
- You have a good understanding of banking processes
- You have analytical skill
- Experience in data querying languages ,ETLs and UNIX
- Fluent in written and oral communication in English and one of the Nordic languages
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Marion Agola, Nordics Head of Data Strategy and CDO office, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We review applications on an ongoing basis, and we will close the recruitment when the right candidate is found.
We look forward to hearing from you!