- Employment contract
- Standard / Permanent
- Job / Mission
- FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The Danish Corporate Coverage team is looking for a positive, commercially oriented and analytical candidate to join the team as Coverage Associate.
BNP Paribas is a leading European global bank with presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees. The corporate banking division of the bank, CIB, offers capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions to large corporate and financial institutions. A recognized leader in sustainable finance, the Group is actively working towards an ambitious goal: finance a net-zero economy by 2050.
The Nordic region is a clear strategic priority for BNP Paribas and the Group has made and will continue to make investments to strengthen its teams across every business line in the region. In Denmark, the Corporate Coverage team works with large Danish corporates, including many C25 companies.
Your primary responsibility will be to assist the Relationship Managers (RM) in charge of large Danish corporate clients. You will play a fundamental part within the Corporate Coverage business model by taking on a key role in three dimensions: commercial focus, credit expertise and compliance:
- Commercial: Support the preparation of strategic business reviews, contribute to the development of the client relationship and profitability and coordinate the commercial activity with the clients’ foreign subsidiaries.
- Credit expertise: Monitor the overall risks and credit process of a portfolio of clients, support the management of credit / ESG reviews and credit committee presentations and coordinate the input from credit analysts to ensure reviews and transaction requests are processed in a timely manner prior to sign-off.
- Compliance: Ensure that account maintenance, KYC recertification, on-boarding of new clients and entities are done timely and in respect of all regulatory requirements, collaborate with Due Diligence and Compliance Officers and support RMs in steering the KYC Strategy for their client portfolio.
- You are a positive and energetic personality with previous experience in Corporate and Investment banking industry.
- You can leverage a large network in BNP Paribas CIB
- You are self-starter, organized, diligent, persistent, have team spirit, inspirational drive and strong ethics culture. You show ability to maneuver in large international organizations.
Skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree preferably in Economics or Finance
- Familiarity with spreadsheet analysis, financial modelling and credit analysis
- Fluent in English and preferably one Scandinavian language
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence and negotiate
- Product knowledge in Cash Management, Global Markets, Financing, Factoring, Leasing
What we can offer
BNP Paribas offers a stimulating and international working environment. “Clients first”, strong ethics, and diversity in the workplace are at the core of our values. This opportunity offers the right candidate a great career start, an excellent insight into the global financial world, opening a wide range of career opportunities in Denmark and abroad with flexible working conditions.
If this position sounds interesting, please send your CV and include a cover letter (both in English).
As the Bank for a changing world, we truly believe that promoting diversity makes it better. It helps us as well to better serve our customers and communities from every background. As a global bank, we want to welcome and retain all talents. Empower them to prosper in an inclusive workplace, regardless of gender identity, age, origin, beliefs or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity.
Join us and bring your full self to work!